The IAdvisor 529 Plan is a customizable, multi-manager plan with flexible pricing that can help you grow your business in a growing segment of the market.
Holiday Gifting Resource Center
Visit our Holiday Gifting Resource Center for the tools you need to build your business, including gift cards and information on accelerated gifting rules.
A Growth Opportunity
- According to the College Savings Plans Network (CSPN), 529 plan assets grew 16% from the prior year to $319.1 billion as of year-end 2017, while the number of accounts rose 3% to 13.3 million
- With student loan debt reaching over $1.56 trillion1, it is important to find an opportunity for your clients to save
- College Funding Planner - Translate clients' college savings needs into a manageable number using a database of over 3,500 colleges that takes into account financial aid/loans, multiple children and customizable “what if” scenarios
- Gift Certificates - Provide to clients to acknowledge birthdays, holidays, graduation gifts or as part of year-end tax planning
- Literature - Use our materials to explain the value of 529s and make it easy for clients to invest
- Contributions as low as $50 a month or $25 a pay period per investment option through automatic investing
- Maximums as high as $420,000 per beneficiary
- Clients can elect an accelerated gift of up to $75,000 in a single year ($150,000 if married, filing jointly) and treat it as if it was made over a five-year period2
- The account owner maintains control of the assets including the ability to change the beneficiary to another family member3
- Parents can control assets
- Age-Based Option that automatically gets more conservative as child approaches college age
- Five static static-allocation options
- Create your own portfolios from 12 single fund options
1 Source: Strategic Insight, 3Q 2018 SI 529 Update Quarterly, May 2018
2 In the event the contributor does not survive the five-year period, a pro-rated amount will revert back to the contributor’s taxable estate.
3 Please see the Program Description for definition of a “family member.”