The IAdvisor 529 Plan is a customizable, multi-manager plan with flexible pricing that can help you grow your business in a growing segment of the market.
Visit our Holiday Gifting Resource Center for the tools you need to build your business, including gift cards and information on accelerated gifting rules.
A Growth Opportunity
- Over the course of 2020, total assets in 529 plans increased 18% to a new record high of $394 billion, according to a new report from Morningstar
- The average plan balance also reached a high of $28,679 in December 2020, after the average account balance grew 10% in 2020, according to the College Savings Plans Network
- With student loan debt reaching over $1.7 trillion1, it is important to find an opportunity for your clients to save
- College Funding Planner - Translate clients' college savings needs into a manageable number using a database of over 3,500 colleges that takes into account financial aid/loans, multiple children and customizable “what if” scenarios
- Gift Certificates - Provide to clients to acknowledge birthdays, holidays, graduation gifts or as part of year-end tax planning
- Literature - Use our materials to explain the value of 529s and make it easy for clients to invest
- Contributions as low as $50 a month or $25 a pay period per investment option through automatic investing
- Maximums as high as $420,000 per beneficiary
- Clients can elect an accelerated gift of up to $80,000 in a single year ($160,000 if married, filing jointly) and treat it as if it was made over a five-year period2
- The account owner maintains control of the assets including the ability to change the beneficiary to another family member3
- Parents can control assets
- Age-Based Option that automatically gets more conservative as child approaches college age
- Four static static-allocation options
- Create your own portfolios from 11 single fund options
1 U.S. Federal Reserve November 2020 Consumer Credit Report G.19, Released January 08 2021
2 In the event the contributor does not survive the five-year period, a pro-rated amount will revert back to the contributor’s taxable estate.
3 Please see the Program Description for definition of a “family member.”