The IAdvisor 529 Plan is a customizable, multi-manager plan with flexible pricing that can help you grow your business in a growing segment of the market.
Visit our Holiday Gifting Resource Center for the tools you need to build your business, including gift cards and information on accelerated gifting rules.
A Growth Opportunity
According to Savingforcollege.com, 529 plan balances have reached a record high of just over $352 billion as of year-end 2019. The total number of 529 plan accounts has risen to 14 million
- With student loan debt reaching over $1.6 trillion1, it is important to find an opportunity for your clients to save
- College Funding Planner - Translate clients' college savings needs into a manageable number using a database of over 3,500 colleges that takes into account financial aid/loans, multiple children and customizable “what if” scenarios
- Gift Certificates - Provide to clients to acknowledge birthdays, holidays, graduation gifts or as part of year-end tax planning
- Literature - Use our materials to explain the value of 529s and make it easy for clients to invest
- Contributions as low as $50 a month or $25 a pay period per investment option through automatic investing
- Maximums as high as $420,000 per beneficiary
- Clients can elect an accelerated gift of up to $75,000 in a single year ($150,000 if married, filing jointly) and treat it as if it was made over a five-year period2
- The account owner maintains control of the assets including the ability to change the beneficiary to another family member3
- Parents can control assets
- Age-Based Option that automatically gets more conservative as child approaches college age
- Four static static-allocation options
- Create your own portfolios from 11 single fund options
1 U.S. Federal Reserve March 2020 Consumer Credit Report G.19, Released May 07 2020
2 In the event the contributor does not survive the five-year period, a pro-rated amount will revert back to the contributor’s taxable estate.
3 Please see the Program Description for definition of a “family member.”